October 1 to 7 is WBW in Canada.
World Breastfeeding Week 2005 is quickly approaching. This year’s theme, which was developed by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA), focuses on the introduction of solid foods for babies older than six months. WABA based the theme, "Breastfeeding and Family Foods," on the World Health Organization’s recommendations for optimal feeding for infants and young children and follows last year’s theme of "Exclusive Breastfeeding."
We at INFACT Canada are busy preparing our World Breastfeeding Week kit, which will include a variety of resources including information on:
• Continuum of exclusive breastfeeding and complementary foods
• Infant readiness
• Complementary foods across Canada: local foods, local .avour!
• What the International Code says
• WHO recommendations and resources
• Action ideas
• Promotion of healthy eating for babies and children
For more information or to reserve your WBW kit, contact INFACT Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 416-595-9819, or click here. Action Kits will be ready for shipping in June.
| Top | Winter 2005 Newsletters Contents |