No honour for Nestlé!
University of Alberta Campus Demonstration
Join demonstrators on the University of Alberta campus to “Say No to a U of A Honorary Degree for Nestlé!”
- Thursday, March 1, 2012
- 2:30pm to 3:30pm
- Timms Centre for the Arts
- Corner of 112 Street and 87 Avenue, University of Alberta campus
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/251952194884972/
INFACT Canada is deeply concerned that the University of Alberta is planning to award Mr. Peter Brabeck-Latmathlé, the Chair and former Chief Executive Officer of Nestlé, an honorary degree for contributing to “the preservation, distribution and management of one of humanity’s most vital resources: water.”
Protests are coming on from all over the world. Nestlé, which has been designated as the “Least Ethical Company” globally, is infamous for practices including destruction of water resources; aggressive marketing of infant formula and other baby foods in violation of the World Health Organization’s International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent WHA resolutions; trade union busting and infiltrating public interest organizations critical of Nestlé’s predatory practices.
INFACT Canada joins the Council of Canadians in condemning University of Alberta’s plans to award Mr. Peter Brabeck-Latmathlé an honorary degree. Instead, the University should criticize Nestlé’s destructive business practices and inform the company that there is no honour for the CEO!
Swiss journalist Robert James Parsons has been writting about Nestlé since 1997. Read his brilliant letter to the University of Alberta heads.
Send your message today to:
- University of Alberta President, Indira Samarasekera: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Alberta Chancellor, Linda Hughes: email@example.com
- INFACT Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baby Milk Action: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Council of Canadians’ online form
You can also use the Council of Canadians’ online form to send a message to the University of Alberta President and Chancellor.
Director INFACT Canada/IBFAN North America