Summer/Fall 2001 Newsletter: Click here to display full newsletter
(click on newsletter and select print)
Table Of Contents
1. World Breastfeeding Week 2001 !
2. Exclusive Breastfeeding for six months:
WHO: “exclusive breastfeeding for six months”
Ending seven years of controversy
Trade impacts: health vs. profit dilemma
Exclusive breastfeeding for six months
3. Improving truth in medical publishing
4. When formula companies fund research
5. Creating doubt about breastfeeding
6. Codex Alimentarius and Infant Foods: What’s at stake?
Codex Alimentarius and Infant Foods: What’s at stake?
Health Claims. Nutrient function claims.
Health claims on food products: marketing tools
Draft prohibits claims for infant/young child foods
7. Canada Beastfeeding News:
Catherine Young 21 July 1952 - 11 September 2001
Rock flip flops on mandatory labeling of GMOs
Trans fatty acid labeling: Finally!
Edmonton authorities OK breastfeeding at city pools
Mark these on your calendar!
9. ILCA publication: supporting breastfeeding in the first two weeks
10. Brazil wins prestigious WHO Sasakawa prize
The Ontario Mother and Infant Survey: Breastfeeding Outcomes
Method of feeding and transmission of HIV-1 from mothers to children by15 months of age: prospective cohort study from Durban, South Africa.
Top | All Newsletters Contents |